Millennium Arts Salon (MAS) is pleased to have served over ten years delivering art programming to the Greater Washington community. Our members have played a vital role in our work as you are the reason why and how we exist, and we are honored with our ongoing relationship with you.
We officially kick off our 2010-2011 Program Season at our 2nd Annual Membership Meeting Drive and Reception on Saturday, October 16th from 3-6pm. The theme of this program season is “Celebrating Artists,” in which we salute artists through exhibitions, salon talks, print collaborations and more. It will be a most exciting year.
We will open an exhibition “Ten Artists for Ten Years,” curated by Sharon J. Burton at the Sumner School Museum and Archives, on Friday evening, October 22nd from 6-8pm. The opening will be followed by a series of salons featuring the exhibition artists in November and December.
· Millennium is the proud sponsor of a monoprint project with 20 Washington artists under the creative leadership of Sam Gilliam and in collaboration with the George Mason University Print Department, which will be exhibited at the Kreeger Museum in January and February 2011.
· We are working with The Phillips Collection, with whom we have collaborated for over three years to feature a program at the Phillips in 2011. Other Washington area collaborations have included the Library of Congress, Pyramid Atlantic, W. Brady Art Gallery at George Washington University, the David C. Driskell Center at the University of Maryland, and our oldest association, Parish Gallery of Georgetown, to name a few.
· Millennium’s tenth anniversary celebration is planned in the spring at the Capitol Skyline Hotel, one of Washington’s newest “artsy” hotels owned by The Rubell Family, prominent collectors of contemporary art.
· Also planned in 2011 is a “Collector Series” involving dining in the homes of fine art collectors surrounded by their art; an experience that promises to be rich, diverse, and special.
· We offer a number of private events for salon club members, such as the recent Saturday morning brunch salon talk with Renee Stout at Hemphill Gallery on September 25th.
· We have an important inventory of one of a kind artworks, prints, and books from which members can purchase at a discount. We also have a growing archive of video interviews and photographs of artists, collectors, and art professionals to be available for research.
· Millennium continues to support important causes, such as the “Diasporan Dialogues” in our region and the International Artists for Peace and World Harmony in New York.
· We are pleased that Millennium Arts Salon founders will be salon guests of “Artists and Influence” produced by the Hatch-Billops Collection in New York City.
· Millennium Arts Salon is now a 501(c), so a portion of your membership is tax deductible.
These and many other facts and events are designed to attract you to join in our programs!
So please join us next Saturday at our 2nd Annual Membership Meeting Drive and Reception to meet and mingle with MAS board members, salon club members and art advocates, get more details about the program season, learn about MAS salon club membership benefits, and enjoy a glass of wine or soft beverage and appetizers in the intimate space of Millennium Arts Salon, 1213 Girard Street, NW, Washington, DC. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-319-8988.
As a reminder, please make note of the upcoming programs in 2010:
Saturday, October 16 – 2nd Annual Membership Meeting and Drive, MAS, 3-6pm.
Friday, October 22 – Opening Reception, Ten Artists for Ten Years, Charles Sumner School 17th and M Sts., NW, Washington, DC, 6-8pm.
Salon Talks with featured Exhibiting “10 for 10” Artists at the Sumner School:
· Wednesday, November 3rd, 6-8pm – “Where We Have Been”
· Tuesday, November 30th, 6-8pm – “Where We Are Today”
· Friday, December 10th, 6-8pm – “Where We Are Going”