Catching Up…Highlights of the Second Annual WOMA Awards

It seems this year has been rolling along at 100 miles an hour and I haven’t had the luxury of time to blog about what’s going on (thank God for twitter however!).

Anyhoo….I did want to catch up on a few things that have been going on.  Last month, I had the opportunity to participate and attend the Second Annual WOMA Awards and Silent Auction, presented by Womanifesting. Womanifestng (WOMA) is a   non-proft organization incorporated in Washington, DC.  WOMA’s mission to develop and support programs that foster self empowerment, sisterhood and service, and to positvely impact the lives of women and girls, particularly  those under resourced and marginalized.  You can learn more about Womanifesting at

I donated a few limited edition prints for the silent auction portion of the event, and gain two additional collectors as a result.  I encourage everyone to learn more about this wonderful organization, founded by the awesome Tracy Chiles McGhee!

A new collector wins the bid for my limited edition print of  “Celebrate”…

The awesome Tracy Chiles McGhee poses with her new print, “Beauty” by Yours Truly

Help me “Race for the Cure” on June 4th!

Susan G. Komen Global
Race for the Cure

National Mall, Washington, DC
Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dear Friends:

Tens of thousands of people will gather on the National Mall on June 4 for the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure®.  Our goal is to make a huge impact on the global movement to end breast cancer.

I’ve joined the Xi Zeta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Team in memory of so many women who we have lost to breast cancer. My teammates are going to join me at the Komen Global Race.

Together, we hope to raise at least $1,000 for the cause. So I’m hoping for your help to get us to our goal. You can give online safely and securely at my donor site here .

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Global Race’s net income stays in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area to fund local screening, treatment and education programs for the medically underserved. The remaining 25 percent help Komen’s work around the globe to share knowledge and experience, and to fund education and breast health services in regions where few exist.

Thank you for supporting me and my team in our efforts to make an impact.